The 5-Factor Diet
You might’ve seen many Hollywood celebrities praising the 5-factor diet as the most useful for losing weight fast. Or you simply read testimonials from people that tried it and shared their experience on TV. No matter how you heard about this diet, you most likely want to know additional details about it. This is why we’ve created this article! Read on to find out all you need to know about the 5-factor diet.
What is the 5-factor diet?
The 5-factor diet or the F-Factor is all about having enough fiber in your diet. This non-digestible carbohydrate can be obtained from extremely nutritious food like vegetables, fruits, nuts, seeds, or whole grains. This diet revolves around the idea that ingesting more fiber can aid people to balance blood sugar levels, lower cholesterol, and lose weight.
How does the 5-factor diet work?
Basically, this diet makes you eat five meals every day. And those meals have to have five nutritional components: a lean protein, a complex carbohydrate, fiber, a good fat, and a sugar-free beverage. The goal is to eat dishes with low GI ingredients, that are at the same time high-fiber foods. This is said to help manage cravings and prevent overeating.
With the 5-factor diet, you are allowed to eat lean proteins, complex carbs, healthy fats, and you can have any sugar-free beverage. On the other hand, the list of non-compliant foods includes refined carbs, high-glycemic foods, and sweetened beverages.
What are the top fiber-rich foods allowed in the 5-factor diet?
Fiber can be found in several foods, which is why many celebrities prefer this diet. You can add to your meal plan:
· Fruits rich in fiber, such as bananas, oranges, apples, mangoes, strawberries or raspberries;
· Vegetables rich in fiber, such as carrots, beets, broccoli, swiss chard, spinach, artichokes or sweet potatoes;
· Beans rich in fiber, like garbanzo, kidney, peas or lentils;
· Whole grains and other high fiber cereals.
The 5-factor diet sample menu
A simple menu for this diet might include breakfast with oatmeal berry pancakes, a snack with apple-turkey rollups, a lunch with stuffed mushrooms, another meal with chicken salad, and dinner with lobster and peas. Still, the best part about this day is that it features a cheat day to keep things interesting and encourage you to stick to this meal plan.
Still, specialists advise that this meal plan needs additional commitment from your part so that it offers the promised results. This meal plan encourages you to have five workout routines each week that don’t exceed 25 minutes. Basically, you will have to allow 5 minutes for each of cardio, upper-body, strength, lower-body strength, muscles, and cardio workout exercises.
What are the main health benefits of the 5-factor diet?
As you might expect, the major benefit of this type of diet is that it promotes weight loss, and it aids you to manage better your overall weight. Still, having a fiber-rich meal plan might offer additional benefits, such as the ones mentioned below.
· Having a diet rich in fiber and protein can balance blood sugar levels, which in turn creates a balanced source of energy for the body. As a result, someone following the 5-factor diet might experience an increase in energy throughout the day.
· High-fiber diets can aid in bettering bowel movements, which diminishes bloating and might provide relief from irritable bowel syndrome.
· Fiber is great for helping the body fluxing out toxins. It aids the digestive tract in properly eliminating all sorts of toxins and debris, which in turn offers various health benefits. As such, the 5-factor diet can improve the health of your skin, leading to a brighter and healthier-looking complexion. Several fiber-rich fruits and legumes are a great source of antioxidants that can fight and prevent free radical damage in your skin.
· Recent studies suggest that the 5-factor diet might improve sleep. Eating foods rich in fiber balances blood sugar, which promotes good sleep quality. It is believed that avoiding refined carbs before bed prevents sleep disruptions during the night.
The 5-factor diet cautions
As it is the case with any diet, there are some cautions one needs to consider if he or she has diabetes, high blood pressure, kidney disease, or similar health problems. This diet is rich in phosphorous, potassium, proteins, and sodium, which might worsen the symptoms of those suffering from such ailments.
The bottom line is that the 5-factor diet might be an excellent ally for losing weight. Still, you need to design your meals carefully, just to make sure you get the daily recommended nutritional intake. And, of course, you should stick to a workout routine for faster and long-lasting results.