All You Need To Know About Diet Coke
A diet Coke is a kind of a beverage. It is sugar-free and no-calories soft drink that is produced by The Coca-Cola Company. The drink contains artificial sweeteners instead of sugar. The Coca-Cola was unveiled the drink in the United State in 1886 and the product quickly overtook the market of other drinking beverages.
Since the time immemorial, Diet coke has become one of the classic drinks that is enjoyed by thousands of people even today on their brunch and dinner tables.
Yes, diet soda and diet coke are zero-calorie drinks but there are various side effects associated with its consumption. These are capable of giving you serious headaches; cravings, mood swings, etc. Some research claims: regular consumption increases caffeine level in blood.
Some Unknown Facts about Diet Coke:
• The artificial sweetener is used in diet sodas and cokes.
According to 2018, the new flavor of diet coke used controversial sweetener "Ace-K" that is 200 times sweeter than refined regular sugar.
• The artificially sweetened sodas are prone to cause headaches and also might trigger the pain.
And its regular consumption with food is more likely to shun the healthier drink options.
• Diet Coke may not be sugary or greasy but they are the reason for causing breakouts.
• They dry out your skin, making it more prone to acne.
• The study conducted by health institutes found out, there are chances that high consumption of diet soda causes depression and over 30% of soda drinkers are depressed till today's date.
• Diet soda causes lower density: The women who are into drinking diet sodas usually for from low bone mineral density than those who abstained. Women with low bone density can also set up for osteoporosis (a bone disease that makes your bone weak and brittle).
• Diet coke may disturb your gut health: A disturbed Gut may make your body more prone to indigestion. A Healthy Gut is important for your digestive tract because it helps the body to digest food properly.
• The artificial sweetener used in coke and diet soda may alter the type and function of the bacteria in your gut microbiome.
• Drinking Diet coke may increase the risk of metabolic syndrome and diabetes. The artificial sweetener used to make these diet cokes are also capable of decreasing the activity of certain enzymes that could lead to weight fluctuation, heart disease, strokes, and even death. The diet soda increases the risk of metabolic syndrome and high consumption of diet soda is also link to the risk of type 2 diabetes.
• Diet Coke is not advisable for pregnant women because the drink has some serious potential health hazards or can disturb babies' growth and development.
• The sweetener (aspartame) is rich in empty calories but contains no vitamins and minerals. There consumption during pregnancy is likely to make baby overweight. And, even increases the risk of childhood obesity.
• The artificial sweeteners are also linked with the development of asthma and allergies in babies born to a mother who consumes the soda during the gestation period.
• Coke and sodas contain phosphoric acid that can attack enamel on your teeth within 10 minutes and can trick your body into thinking that it has processed sugar when it hasn't.
• The artificial sweeteners used in sodas trigger insulin that sends signals to your body for activating fat storage mode and leads to weight gain.
Unlike regular soda, Diet Coke makes your body crave more sugar. Due to lack of real sugar in the drink, it makes your brain trigger more and reach for another drink. Instead of sipping coke daily, it is advisable to switch your drinks with green tea, whole juices, coconut water and more as these helps in keeping your body detox and boost your metabolism.