How Gisele Bundchen’s Plant-Based Diet Can Benefit You
Admit it! When you think about Gisele Bundchen, you automatically remember those models that starve themselves. But the truth is, Gisele is not like her peers. Even though she admits that when she started this job, she was a teen that constantly smoked and ate burgers, she advocates today towards the benefits of having nutritious meals. As for today, Gisele Bundchen states she only eats organic fruits, vegetables, eggs, and wild fish. She tells people that the secret of her diet lies in the intermittent fasting session she has twice a week. So, if you’re interested in losing weight and maintaining your results for a long time, read on to find out the insights of Gisele Bundchen’s plant-based diet.
Gisele Bundchen’s diet: the basics
Bundchen recently gave a detailed interview in which she truthfully shared her meal plan details. So, if you aim to enroll in such a diet, here’s what you need to do:
- Start your morning with a green smoothie made of lemon juice, ginger, celery, cucumbers, and half an apple. Still, Gisele advises that if you are planning a hard workout, you will have to add in your smoothie flax and chia seeds, along with coconut milk, berries, and cacao powder.
- Bundchen recommends attention to portion size. She says it is always best to have small meals and snacks throughout the day.
- Lunch should consist of a soup or salad, both rich in vegetables.
- Twice a week, Bundchen will not eat until lunchtime to do intermittent fasting for her workout.
Bundchen’s diet: what to eat
This diet isn’t so restrictive as you might think. Bundchen avoids refined sugar, but she admits she still craves something sweet. As such, her favorite sweet treat is fresh honey or dark chocolate. If you want to enroll in the same meal plan, you should know that you can eat:
- Organic vegetables
- Organic fruit
- Wild fish
- Fresh-pressed juices
- Organic eggs
- Flaxseed, chia seeds, and hemp seeds
- Coconut milk
- Dark chocolate
- Unpasteurized dairy
- Fresh, natural foods
Bundchen’s diet: what foods to avoid
As you might expect, because the focus is on organic and natural foods, everything that has in its composition, any type of chemical, should be excluded from your diet. And the best thing you can do is purchase your foods from a local market and cook your own meals. Overall, you should avoid:
- Processed food
- Fried food
- Refined food
- Food with additives and artificial ingredients
- Chemically-altered ingredients
- GMO foods
- Caffeine (though, you are allowed small amounts of coffee with moderation)
The key to success to Bundchen’s diet: the workout routine
Bundchen says that if you aim to use this diet for weight loss, you should match it with a proper exercising routine. Her main recommendations are:
- First of all, you should get a trainer or enroll in a fitness class. In this way, you will make sure that you are doing those exercises correctly.
- When possible, it is best to exercise in nature. You can opt for jogging and running in a nearby park.
- Bundchen says that you shouldn’t oversleep. As such, she highly recommends waking up early in the morning and kickstart your day with a refreshing workout.
- It would be best if you did five times per week a cardio routine, while two days should be dedicated to improving strength and flexibility.
- You should add in your diet vitamin C, vitamin D, and Vitamin B-complex so that you have the energy to give your best during workouts.
The advantages and disadvantages of following the Gisele Bundchen Diet
As it happens with all diets, following a restrictive meal plan can turn out to be rather challenging. Still, there are several advantages you might get from following this diet:
- You will eat a lot of healthy foods, without exposing your body to harmful chemicals
- You will know at all times the exact ingredients of your meals so that you won’t have to worry about unknown compounds.
- You will benefit from a boost in energy levels and overall improved wellbeing.
- You might lose weight if you follow both the diet and workout routine.
On the other hand, we can mention a couple of disadvantages, too:
- It might be challenging to find authentic natural foods in your area, as you will have to look for local distributors of fresh foods, and avoid supermarkets.
- It might be difficult at first to stick to this meal plan, as it completely eliminates from your diet addictive foods such as fast food. T
- It might cause nutrient deficiency if you don’t mix and match correctly your foods (which is why you should have vitamin supplements in the first place)
The bottom line is that Gisele Bundchen’s diet is satisfying. It is a good option for cleansing your body and follow a natural meal plan. Still, you should stick to this diet for a limited period as it might cause nutrient deficiency.