Bridal manicure: here’s what you need to know!
Congrats! You’re planning the most important of your life. And you have plenty on your plate! Choosing the wedding reception location, the menu, the dress, the hairstyle, and many other important details. But did you know that the main challenging task for any bride nowadays is selecting the perfect bridal manicure? Well, both your hands and feet need special attention for that occasion, and even if you’re not planning to wear open-toed shoes, you should do your toenails! So, the question here is which the best bridal manicure tips are! Read on to find out everything you need about this!
How to prepare your nails for a bridal manicure
Let’s start with preparation for the perfect wedding nails. And you should know that if you want your nails to look fantastic on the big day, you need to pamper them for several months before the event. Some of the expert tips for wedding nails preparation include:
- Trim your nails frequently to make them stronger
- Keep a nail file close to use it as soon as you break a nail
- Never rip off a broken nail
- Always file your nails in one direction only
- Never skip buffing your nails, since this action will make them smoother and good-looking
- Remove nail polish before applying a new one, and don’t forget about the base and topcoat
- Apply nourishing cuticle oil to support healthy nail growth
- Cut your toenails horizontally to make sure you won’t develop ingrown nails
- Avoid biting or picking at your nails
- Consider taking a calcium supplement to strengthen your nails
The ups and downs of distinct bridal manicures: which one to choose?
Basic polish manicure
Pros: it is the most affordable bridal manicure type, and it is quite simple to master. You can even do it yourself at home.
Cons: this manicure chips easily, and it might not look as fancy as you might expect. And besides this, you will have to wait for some time for the polish to dry. If you don’t do this, you risk facing accidental dings and imprints.
Pros: the main advantage of getting a gel manicure for your wedding is that it is rather stylish. It uses UV light to harden onto your nail, meaning that it can last longer than a basic manicure. And since you can enjoy it for up to three weeks, you can rock your fancy manicure during your honeymoon, too.
Cons: gel manicure is a bit expensive, and it might get tricky to remove from your nails. So, you will need to go to the salon to get it removed. If you do this at home, you risk damaging your nails beyond repair.
Pros: This is a rather new approach to a bridal manicure, but we can say that it offers impressive results. Your nails will be dipped into a pigmented powder, which will stick to the adhesive polish applied on your nails. It can last up to four weeks without damage, so you will receive great value for the money paid.
Cons: The downside is that it is more expensive than basic and gel manicures. And, of course, you risk damaging your nails, too.
Pros: if you’re into long nails, an acrylic manicure is the best solution for your wedding day. The extensions are stylish and offer incredible results. And you can enjoy your acrylic manicure for around two weeks without any cracks.
Cons: applying acrylic manicure can weaken your nails and make them brittle. Also, if you’re not used to them, you might need some time to adjust with an acrylic manicure.
What are the most common bridal manicure mistakes you need to avoid?
1. Don’t get dip or gel manicure more than a few days in advance of your wedding
2. Avoid long wedding nails, as medium-length nails are the best solution
3. Test several shades before choosing the perfect one
4. Get a bottle of polish with you
5. Pamper your nails before the big event
6. Don’t get too adventurous with nail art
7. Don’t panic if you chip a nail
8. Don’t forget to use a hand moisturizer
The bottom line
So, this is what you need to know about bridal manicure. After all, it would be best if you didn’t panic about wedding nails. All you have to do is pay close attention to the details mentioned above, and you will be ready to look fantastic on your big day.