How to Get Improve the Quality of Sleeping?
To wake up with a feeling of fully recharged one has you crack down on both the quantity and quality of the sleep they get every night. Here, quantity of sleep stands for the numbers of sleep hours and the quality of sleep stands for how well you sleep. When it comes to deprived sleep quality, it can make you feel exhausted the next day and may even be allied with an improved threat of Alzheimer’s illness. But if truth to be told, finding out your sleep quality is less clear-cut than calculating the sleep hours you get.
Before we get to know how we can get better the quality of sleep, it is important to make out the signs of poor sleep quality:
- You don’t feel sleepy even after 30 minutes of getting into bed.
- You are dealing with the problem of insomnia.
- You frequently wake up more than one time every night.
- It takes you more than 20 minutes to fall asleep after getting up in midnight.
Now, let’s know the key Ways that will help you perk up your sleep quality:
- The first and foremost thing you can do is just stop watching TV or using any electronic gadgets including your laptop or smart phone 30 minutes (as a minimum) before going to the bed. Because of the light coming from such devices can make it tough for you to fall asleep.
- It is very important to follow a fixed sleep timetable. If you go to your bed too soon or too late, it can also make you find hard to sleep well.
- Apart from the above, you can also think of follow a comforting pre-bedtime practice, like taking bath or reading book.
- Alcohol use also has an effect on the quality of your sleep. Yes, that is true, and so you need to make sure that you restrict your alcohol consumption on a regular basis. In addition to this, it would be good if you avoid taking caffeinated drinks within 4 to 6 hours of bedtime, and alcohol within 3 hours of bedtime.
- Keep in mind that if your room temperature is too warm or tool cold, it will slow down your body’s ability to go to sleep. So, the idea is to set your bedroom temperature from 60 and 67 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Believe it or not but eating pizza late night may be a recipe for insomnia. According to health experts, you must have your dinner several hours before going to bed and it is a good idea to say no to foods that lead to acid stomach.
- Last but not least, you should drink adequate water at night to prevent waking up dehydrated—but not so much and so about to bedtime that you need to take a trip to the toilet in the mid of night.
In case, you follow these tips and still feel your sleep quality needs improvement, then just go and consult your family doctor. An expert can advocate lifestyle changes, medicine, or some sort of therapies that may get better how well you sleep.