5 Ayurvedic Remedies to Improve Digestion
With changing lifestyle, our digestion and immunity is growing weaker. There is strict need to keep our digestion strong and immune system fortified (corona virus spread necessity the same more). The main reasons for causing digestion disorder are improper eating habits and stressful routines.
Our lives are running at full pace but at the cost of our health and wellness.
For healthy today and tomorrow, we are here introducing some of the best ayurvedic remedies that can help solve the issue of indigestion. By including these Ayurvedic remedies in your daily routine you can see a lot of difference.
Keep Reading to Know Ayurvedic Remedies Benefits:
1. Treating Constipation
For Treating Constipation Ayurvedically One Need To Include:
• Hartaki ( Terminaliachebula) - Consuming hartaki daily will reduce constipation. You may consume it in the form of powder, candy sugar, and ghruta.
• Isabgole ( Plantagoovata) - It helps to reduce the cholesterol level and regulate the bowels.
• Senna leaves (Cassia Angustifolia) - These leaves can be consumed by boiling them in water. These are effective for making your digestive system balanced. However, prolong consumption of these leaves can lead to lesser or no absorption of nutrients in the body. So, it is always advisable to consume them twice or thrice a week.
• Nisoth (Ipomoea Turpethum) - In Ayurveda, the roots and the leaves of nisoth plants are used as a medicine that facilitates evacuation of the bowels.
It is advisable that for curing constipation you need to avoid heavy intakes of processed food, caffeine, oil, sugary, refined, and dairy products.
2. Curing Acidity
Whenever you feel acidic or your stomach starts to feel heavier, you can use these remedies for indigestion treatment.
• Lavanga (Clove) - This is used in the kitchen often as spice. But, using cloves to curing acidity is purely magical. It is a believed that chewing a single clove daily can render lots of positive health benefits. Along with that, you can also cure bad breath, tooth decay, and morning sickness.
• Amla - It is a common superfood that is equally important and has medicinal properties for curing acidity.
For avoiding frequently caused acidity, one needs to limit the consumption of alcohol, avoid oily and spicy food, include fibre-rich food in their diets, and indulge in regular physical exercises like brisk walking.
3. Ayurvedic Remedies for Curing Stomach Ulcers
It is caused due to the high level of acid in your stomach. It can be cured and controlled by combining certain kinds of ayurvedic herbs.
• It is always advisable to consume milk - as it works as a neutralizing agent.
• Some of the herbs like alsarex, ayucid, avipatrikarchruna are special ayurvedic formulas that reduce the outbreak of the ulcer.
• For controlling ulcer outbreak, it is important to avoid oily, spicy or pungent food because it can cause pain or burning sensation in the stomach. It sometimes also results in vomiting, weight loss, unbearable stomach pain, and nausea.
4. Treating Gas and Indigestion with Ayurvedic Formulas
There are times when we feel your food is indigested and stomach bloats. By using these simple ayurvedic remedies you can flush out all the digestive disorders.
• Increase the intake of water and fresh fruit juices, which will promote healthy digestive enzymes.
• Herbs like rice, coconut, marigold, and potato are helpful ayurvedic remedies that treat all the gastritis disorders.
• Herbs like ajwain, adrak, clove, and black pepper are some of the important spices that fight all types of indigestion.
5. Drinking Hot Water
Hot water eliminates all the toxins and chemicals from the body. When your digestive fire is low, it causes collection of undigested food in the gut and build up Ama. If you don't drink warm or hot water, your digestive tract or cleansing system gets infected and causes diseases in the other part of the body.
It is important to consume lukewarm water which helps in dissolving Ama, improve digestion and also making your gut stronger, and lessen the risk of diseases in the longer term.
Many other ayurvedic remedies can be easily practiced in your comfortable space for improving your digestion and making your gut stronger and detoxed. These remedies make your stomach feel hydrated, nourished, and cleansed.